Examination achievements from previous studies can be recognized, if an equivalence of the acquired competence is proven. See below "How to Apply for Recognition of academic achievements".
Relevant training or work experience can be accredited as a research internship or an internship in educational institutions. Information on this matter can be found on the page of the respective degree program under the heading "Internships".
After an individual assessment, knowledge and skills acquired outside of the academic field may also be recognized for your studies.
How to Apply for Recognition of academic achievements
If you want to let your examination achievements from previous studies get recognized, please proceed as follows:
- Please download the relevant application form first and fill it entirely out. Before listing the modules that you would like to be recognized, please check the academic and examination regulations, where the modules are listed (these can be found under the relevant study program). If you have any questions or doubts, please contact the student advising member.
- You must provide proof of your examination achievements as a certified copy for the application (it is essential that the grades are described, if possible also credits or at least semester hours per week) as well as the corresponding courses’ descriptions.
- You have to submit all these required documents to our student advising, who will carry out a preliminary assessment.
- The final accreditation of the academic achievements will be carried out by the respective departmental student advising only after your actual enrollment.
- Please bear in mind that according to § 16 (4) sentence 3 of the APSO you can submit an application for recognition of academic achievements only once and only within the first academic year.
- A personal consultation with the student advising (also by phone) is always required, in order to assess your individual situation in the best possible way.